Arranging wedding flowers by color is a trend that has gained prominence in recent times. This method allows for visual continuity and a cohesive aesthetic throughout your wedding venue. From the bridal bouquet to the table centerpieces, choosing flowers in shades that match or complement your wedding color scheme can create a harmonious feel. This approach can also make flower selection less daunting, as it narrows down choices, and ensures that the various floral arrangements at your wedding will seamlessly blend.
In this article, we’ll delve further into the concept of arranging wedding flowers by color. We’ll explore different color palettes, the mood they might set, and the potential flowers you can use to achieve this captivating aesthetics. Whether it’s a monochromatic white elegance, a vibrant and sunny yellow, or a romantic blush pink, color can dramatically influence the ambience of your special day. Hence, understanding how to utilize the color wheel in your floral arrangements can create a visual impact that leaves a lasting impression on your guests. So, stay tuned as we bloom into the world of colors in wedding floristry.
Let’s dive in and explore the top seven wedding flower color trends we’re expecting to see in 2023:
- Soft Pastels: This dreamy palette, featuring soft hues like blush, peach, and lilac, will continue to dominate wedding florals in 2023. Roses, peonies, and hydrangeas are popular choices in these romantic shades.
- Vibrant Yellows: An optimistic color signifying joy and new beginnings, yellow is making a comeback. Sunflowers, marigolds, and daffodils can create a bright, cheerful ambiance.
- Earthy Greens: A nod to nature, earthy greens are expected to trend in 2023. These can be achieved with foliage like eucalyptus and ferns, or flowers such as green trick dianthus and bells of Ireland.
- Monochromatic Whites: The timeless elegance of white never goes out of style. Opt for white roses, lilies, or orchids to create an ethereal, minimalist aesthetic.
- Rustic Reds: Rustic reds create a warm, passionate setting. Consider using flowers like red roses, dahlias, or ranunculus in your arrangements.
- Bold Blues: Bold blues signify tranquility and loyalty. Delphinium, hydrangea, and morning glories in different shades of blue can make a stunning impact.
- Dramatic Blacks: For those seeking an unconventional approach, dramatic black flowers like calla lilies, black roses, or chocolate cosmos can add a touch of modern sophistication to your wedding.
Soft pastels offer a versatile palette, blending seamlessly with various wedding themes, from vintage to rustic or romantic. Here are the top blooms that people typically choose in these inspiring pastel colors:
- Roses: Pastel roses, particularly in blush and peach, add a classic touch to any wedding. Their timeless elegance and variety in sizes make them a favorite choice.
- Peonies: Peonies in soft pink or peach hues are adored for their large, ruffled blooms and sweet fragrance. They can single-handedly make a statement in any wedding decor.
- Hydrangeas: Hydrangeas in pastel blue, pink, or lilac are a brilliant option for achieving a lush look due to their voluminous clusters of flowers.
- Sweet Peas: Known for their delicate flowers and divine scent, sweet peas in soft pastels add a touch of whimsy to wedding floral arrangements.
- Tulips: Pastel tulips are a symbol of perfect love. Available in a myriad of pastel shades, they can be used to create an array of inspiring wedding decor.
Vibrant yellows, synonymous with joy, warmth, and cheerfulness, are becoming a popular choice for weddings. Here are the top blooms that people are selecting in this eye-catching hue:
- Sunflowers: Known for their happy faces and radiant color, sunflowers are a bold and beautiful choice for wedding decor. They are perfect for a rustic or summer wedding.
- Marigolds: Marigolds, with their rich golden hues, lend a touch of vibrancy and tradition. In many cultures, marigolds symbolize love and constancy, making them a meaningful choice.
- Daffodils: Representing new beginnings, daffodils in bright yellow make a charming addition to any wedding arrangement. Their trumpet-like structure adds a unique shape to floral decor.
- Black-Eyed Susans: These cheerful, daisy-like flowers are perfect for a casual, country-themed wedding with their bright yellow petals and dark centers.
- Ranunculus: Yellow ranunculus with their layers of delicate, crepe-paper thin petals, bring a sense of romance and elegance to wedding decor. They are particularly beloved for spring weddings.
Earthy greens embody the beauty and tranquility of nature, effortlessly bringing a sense of calm and freshness to your wedding decor. Here are the top blooms and foliage that people are choosing in this serene hue:
- Eucalyptus: With a unique aroma and silvery-green foliage, eucalyptus is a favorite choice for adding texture and volume to wedding arrangements.
- Ferns: Known for their feathery, intricate fronds, ferns can add a touch of elegance and delicacy to your wedding decor.
- Green Trick Dianthus: These enchanting, ball-shaped flowers with their soft, moss-like appearance are perfect for adding a whimsical touch to your arrangements.
- Bells of Ireland: These tall, striking flowers are known for their vibrant green color and distinctive bell-shaped blooms. They are ideal for adding height and drama to bouquets or centerpieces.
- Succulents: Available in a variety of shapes and sizes, succulents bring a modern, trendy vibe to wedding decor with their thick, fleshy, green leaves.
Monochromatic white, a timeless and sophisticated palette, is another tone that brides are selecting for their wedding flowers this year. Here are the top blooms people are choosing in this classic hue:
- Roses: White roses, a symbol of purity and innocence, are a perennial favorite in wedding arrangements. Their elegant form and enchanting aroma make them an essential pick for a white wedding theme.
- Lilies: Known for their large, trumpet-shaped blooms, white lilies add a touch of grandeur and opulence to wedding decor.
- Orchids: White orchids, with their exotic and delicate appearance, exude a modern, chic vibe. They are particularly great for tropical or modern-themed weddings.
- Baby’s Breath: These small, ethereal white flowers are perfect for creating a dreamy, cloud-like effect in bouquets and centerpieces.
- Calla Lilies: The sleek, modern lines of white calla lilies offer a contemporary twist to wedding arrangements. They are especially well-suited for minimalist wedding themes.
Rustic red, a hot and spicy trend in wedding flower colors this year, brings warmth and passion to any wedding decor. Here are the top blooms people are selecting in this captivating hue:
- Red Roses: Unbeatable in their traditional allure, red roses are synonymous with love and passion, making them a fitting choice for a wedding.
- Dahlias: With their intricate petals and full-bodied shape, red dahlias add a touch of rustic elegance.
- Ranunculus: The layered petals of red ranunculus exude a romantic charm, perfect for adding a dash of passion to your decor.
- Red Gerbera Daisies: Known for their cheerful disposition, red Gerbera daisies can add a happy pop of color.
- Red Poppies: For a bold, dramatic statement, red poppies with their vibrant petals and dark centers are an excellent choice.
Bold blues, a color associated with serenity and depth, are increasingly gracing wedding decor with their uniquely inspiring touch. Here are the top blooms people are choosing in this striking hue:
- Blue Hydrangeas: Known for their large clusters of flowers, blue hydrangeas bring a sense of vintage charm and abundance to any wedding arrangement.
- Delphiniums: With their towering spikes of vibrant blue flowers, delphiniums lend height and drama to wedding decor, making them ideal for grand floral displays.
- Blue Orchids: Uniquely exotic, blue orchids represent luxury and strength, making them a fitting choice for a contemporary wedding theme.
- Forget-Me-Nots: These delicate, tiny blue blossoms are perfect for adding a touch of sweet romance and remembrance to your wedding.
- Irises: With their distinctive shape and deep blue color, irises add a touch of elegance and sophistication to wedding arrangements.
Dramatic black, a color often associated with sophistication and elegance, is emerging as a fascinating choice for wedding flower colors. This striking hue can lend a touch of mystery and glamour to your wedding decor. Here are the top blooms people are choosing in this captivating hue:
- Black Roses: While not truly black, these intensely dark red roses create a dramatic impact with their deep, velvety petals. They are a symbol of profound love and respect.
- Black Calla Lilies: With their sleek, modern lines and rich, dark color, black calla lilies add a contemporary touch to any wedding arrangement.
- Black Dahlia: Known for their large, intricately-layered blooms, black dahlias exude a sense of opulence and drama.
- Black Hollyhocks: Tall and striking, black hollyhocks can add height and grandeur to your wedding decor.
- Black Pansies: These charming flowers with their dark, velvety petals and bright centers can bring a touch of whimsy to your wedding arrangements. They are perfect for a gothic or Halloween-themed wedding.
As you can see, the palette of colors available for wedding florals is truly magnificent, offering an extensive range of hues from soft pastels to vibrant primaries, and even bold, dramatic black. Each color carries its unique symbolism and can set the tone for your special day. Here at Whole Blossoms, we are dedicated to helping you navigate this rainbow of choices, ensuring the flowers for your wedding reflect your individual style and the desired ambience for your celebration. Our expert team is here to guide you in making the perfect selection, as we understand how crucial it is to get every detail just right for your once-in-a-lifetime event.
Visit our website https://www.wholeblossoms.com to learn more…