Weddings are the perfect opportunity to bring out our inner child and drench the venue with loads of flowers. Brides love to decorate their venue with humongous table centerpieces, the bigger the better. While it may look absolutely stunning, it does take a lot of space.
Haven’t you ever been to a wedding where the table centerpiece is so big that the bride and groom cannot even see or talk to the people across their table! You do not want that for your wedding, do you? Fresh flower chandelier is something that can solve all your problems while letting you have your massive floral arrangement. Being one of the most popular trends right now, fresh flower chandeliers are sweeping the wedding industry, mainly because they look absolutely enchanting but also because they take so much lesser space comparatively.
If you want to do something eccentric and noteworthy for your wedding, there is nothing better than a fresh flower chandelier that is bright, vibrant, and simply gorgeous. While making this stunning arrangement might feel intimidating and daunting, it really is not so. All you need to do is bring out your inner DIY queen and follow our easy instructions to get the most royal, elegant, and colorful chandelier for your wedding.
Before getting started, here are some supplies that you will need for your floral chandelier project.
- Wholesale wedding flowers – Get them in bulk so that you can get a large number for a discounted price.
- Foliage- Get some greenery to add to your floral chandelier. It will add an edge and dimension to your structure. Make sure that they complement your flowers and are durable for they will be handled roughly.
- Large wire wreath- If you want, you can easily make your own wreath with some bendable wires. Make sure that it is perfectly made for it will be the base of your fresh flower chandelier. If you do not want to add any hassle to your project, you can buy a big hula hoop and it will work just fine.
- Floral wire- Get some extra because you will need them to attach your flowers and greenery to your wire structure.
- Floral hoops- Make sure that you hoop is smaller than the wire wreath to create the traditional structure of the chandelier.
- Fishing line- The fishing line will help you hang your floral chandelier to the ceiling.
- Floral tape- Floral tape is very strong and will help you attach your bulk flowers and greenery to your structure. Moreover, you can get them in the shades of blue and green to make sure that they do not stand out in your arrangement.
- Sharp scissors
- Crimp tubes and pliers
Keep in mind that the flowers you select are fresh and blooming. You can choose the ones that best suit your wedding décoration and colors. As it will be a central part of your wedding décoration, it should go perfectly with all the other decoration pieces. Moreover, make sure that the flower you choose can stay fresh and fragrant for long hours without any water. The flowers will be hanging in the air and will not get any water.
You do not want wilted flowers on your wedding chandelier. While buying your wholesale wedding flowers, select the ones that have a longer stem as it will make it easier to attach and hang them from the wire wreath. You can even paint your floral hoops or your hula hoop in the shades of green and brown to make it more authentic and natural.
Selecting the right flower is crucial to the success of this floral chandelier and that is why we have selected some of the best blooms for you to choose from.
- Wax flowers
Do not forget to get some fresh and bright greenery to go with your flowers. You can get seeded eucalyptus, flocked lambs ear leaf spray, astilbe, thistle, and more. Once you have selected and bought your bulk flowers and foliage, now it is time to assemble your fresh flower chandelier.
Do not worry. We will give you step by step instruction to make the process easy and effortless. Here is what you will need to do.
Step 1- The first thing you need to work on is your chandelier wire structure. Take your large wire wreath and your floral hoops and attach them together. Attach the biggest hoop first and keep on going for the smaller ones. You will need to use the fishing line to tie them together. Make sure that you use all the fishing lines of the same length so that your structure is perfect and hangs steadily.
Tie them together with knots. You can even use some scotch tape if you want to but it is not really necessary. You will need to use the crimp tubes and pliers to make the knot more secure and durable. Make sure that the structure is even and perfect for it will be the base of your fresh flower chandelier. Create two or three such structure so that your chandelier can have proper layers. Keep them smaller than the first one so that the layers keep getting smaller.
Step 2- Once you have attached the wreath and the hoops, it is now time to decorate them with the greenery and foliage. Start with the bigger structure and wrap your foliage around it. Keep going till you have covered all the hoops. You can make it as thick as you want as the flowers will not go on this part. Do not any blank space in between the metal wires as it will compromise our overall look.
You can use floral wire to secure them so that they stay put in their place. You can also use floral tape if you want to make it more secure. Make sure to let the greenery cascade a little so that it looks more natural and free-flowing.
Step 3- Once you are done with the larger wreath, it is time to deal with the smaller ones. Add greenery to the other bases in a similar fashion. But make sure to keep it light as you need the space to attach your flowers too. Add a few layers of foliage around the wires and secure them properly.
Step 4- Once you are done with step 3, you will have two or three layers of wire structure decorated with greenery. It is best to assemble our final structure before adding the flowers so that they are not disturbed much. Suspend the structure using fishing lines and hang it in place. Make sure that you keep the largest wreath at the top and the smallest one at the bottom. Arrange them in decreasing order of their size. Consider the height, place, and the length and hang accordingly. By now you must have a rough, green structure of a traditional chandelier hanging from your ceiling.
Step 5- Now it is time to attach our fresh wholesale wedding flowers to the chandelier. You do not need to attach it to the larger, topmost wreath. You will attach your flowers to the lower ones. If you have three layers, you will have to decorate your lower two levels with the blooms. Place the stems of the flowers in between the already attached greenery and secure them with some tape and fishing line. Make sure that you intertwine the flowers with the greenery and distribute it evenly.
Use different colors and flowers to make it more striking and appealing. Let your imaginations fly and create a cluster of flowers on your base. Make sure that your middle structure has lesser blooms and the lowest one of bursting with it. So, basically, you will have an upper structure with just greenery, a middle one with greenery and some flowers, and a lower one bursting with blooms.
Step 6- Once you have attached all your flowers, check for any blank spots. It there are any spare gaps, use smaller flowers or even your greenery to cover them all up. Make sure that you arrange your differed-cultured flowers in the most appealing and attractive way. And voila! You are done.
Here are some special tips to utilize your chandelier to its fullest potential and to keep it fresh and fragrant throughout your wedding hours.
- Keep spraying the blooms with cold water before the guests arrive. So that when the wedding guests arrive, they will encounter the freshest and the most fragrant fresh flower chandelier. Moreover, it will give time to the bloom to absorb the moisture and stay hydrated through the entire ceremony.
- Do not hand your floral chandelier in direct sunlight. It will cause your blooms to wilt so much faster and all your hard work will be for nothing, avoid windows, cooling vents, and heating vents too.
- Do not decorate the space below the chandelier with any big and bulky arrangement. It will clash with the chandelier and would simply not look good. Rather, use a simple and elegant arrangement so that the chandelier is highlighted.
- While arranging the flowers on your chandelier, make sure to include big and smaller blooms to give your decoration more dimension and authenticity.
The only thing left at this point is to enjoy the beauty and the fragrance of your fresh flower chandelier. You can use this beautiful arrangement for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, or any other celebratory events. So, what are you waiting for? Start making your floral chandelier now!