When it comes to fall weddings, several flowers emerge as favorites due to their seasonal availability and rich, warm hues. These include dahlias, chrysanthemums, marigolds, and asters, each one bringing their unique charm to the event.
As for fall wedding themes, there’s a wealth of inspiration to draw from:
- Rustic Harvest: This theme brings in the bountiful elements of the harvest season, incorporating hay bales, pumpkins, and stalks of wheat in the decor.
- Autumn Elegance: A theme that focuses on rich colors like burgundy, deep orange, and gold, often combined with lush fabrics like velvet and silk.
- Bohemian Fall: This theme blends boho-chic elements with autumn’s earthy tones, ideal for outdoor or barn weddings.
- Woodland Theme: Think of a ceremony under a canopy of turning leaves, accented by wood, moss, and soft fairy lights.
- Vintage Glam: This theme combines autumnal hues with vintage elements like antique furniture, lace, and heirloom dishes.
- Halloween-inspired: Not for the faint-hearted, this theme can range from a classy black and white event with subtle spooky elements, to an all-out costume party.
- Winery Wedding: Say your vows surrounded by vineyards in full autumn display, with a wine-tasting reception to follow.
Creating a wedding bouquet with dahlias involves a series of steps to ensure the beauty and longevity of the arrangement:
- Select your Dahlias: Dahlias come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors. Choose a mix that fits your color scheme and theme.
- Prepare the Flowers: Cut the stems at an angle for better water absorption, remove any lower leaves that might be submerged in water, and let the flowers hydrate in a bucket of clean water for a few hours before arranging.
- Gather your Supplies: You will need floral scissors, floral tape, pins, and a bouquet wrap of your choice.
- Arrange the Bouquet: Start with a dahlia in the center and add more around it, turning the bouquet as you go to ensure a uniform look. Intersperse with greenery or other flowers if desired.
- Secure the Bouquet: Once you’re happy with your arrangement, wrap floral tape tightly around the stems to secure them in place.
- Wrap the Bouquet: Finally, wrap the stems in your chosen fabric or ribbon, securing it with pins for a polished look. Remember to cut the stems evenly at the bottom.
Remember to keep your dahlia bouquet in a cool place out of direct sunlight and to mist it with water to keep it fresh until the ceremony.
Besides bridal bouquets, there are several other flower arrangements that can enhance the beauty of fall weddings.
- Centerpieces: These arrangements sit in the middle of the guest tables. Dahlias, chrysanthemums, and marigolds, surrounded by autumn leaves or pumpkins, can create a warm, festive atmosphere.
- Ceremony Arch: The arch or altar where the ceremony takes place can be adorned with a lush arrangement of fall flowers and foliage, providing a beautiful backdrop for the exchange of vows.
- Corsages and Boutonnieres: These small arrangements are worn by important guests, such as the parents or grandparents. They often match the theme or color scheme of the wedding.
- Aisle Decorations: Flowers can be used to line the walkway where the bride will make her entrance. This could be in the form of small bouquets attached to the chairs or petals scattered on the ground.
- Cake Decorations: Edible flowers or small arrangements around the base of the cake can add an elegant touch to the wedding cake.
- Flower Crowns: Especially fitting for a bohemian or rustic theme, flower crowns can be worn by the bride, bridesmaids, or flower girls.
- Reception Decorations: From the welcome sign to the bar, flowers can be used to decorate various areas of the reception venue, tying together the overall theme of the wedding.
Whole Blossoms is a premier online flower supplier trusted by many for their wedding floral needs. They source their blooms directly from farms, ensuring you get only the freshest, highest quality flowers for your special day. Their wide array of varieties and colors, including favorite fall blooms like dahlias, chrysanthemums, marigolds, and asters, means that you will find the perfect flowers to match your wedding theme and color scheme.
Whole Blossoms also offers the unique service of customizing your flower orders according to your needs. Whether it’s bridal bouquets, centerpieces, ceremony arches, corsages and boutonnieres, aisle decorations, cake decorations, flower crowns, or reception decorations, their team of expert florists can help create the perfect arrangements for you. With Whole Blossoms, you can have peace of mind knowing that your wedding flowers will be as beautiful and memorable as your fall wedding.
Please visit our website www.wholebossoms.com to find out more about this product and more.