Name: Samarcanda Recurved Garden Roses
Colors: Red flowers
Vase Life: 3-7 days, depending on care and handling
Availability: Available year round
Length: Samarcanda Garden Rosess are 12in-24in long, include one head per rose and come packed in 12 and 18 stem bunches.
Diameter: Samarcanda single stem garden roses have approx 2.1 to 2.4in diameter when closed and approx 3.1 to 3.9in diameter when opened.
Whole Blossoms Garden Roses are sold by variety not by color and therefore specific color shades on these wholesale flowers cannot be guaranteed. Colors may differ depending on the time of the year in which flowers are harvested and color shades vary from farm to farm even though the garden rose variety is the same.
*If a chosen color and/or variety is unavailable at the time of shipping, Whole Blossoms will match the color and/or variety as closely as possible. Farm growing conditions, weather conditions, market demand, and other general forces may result in the unavailability of the flowers shown without notice.
*While online photos shown are representations of flowers available for sale, actual colors and specifications delivered may vary somewhat since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, different browser types effect the outcome of displayed photos, and computer monitors may show differences in detail, definition, contrast, brightness, and color.
Carefully unpack your Samarcanda garden rose flowers. They will need to be hydrated and refrigerated upon arrival.
- Place your Samarcanda garden roses in clean, fresh, warm, filtered water (100-110F). Carefully remove leaves, thorns or foliage that fall under the water level (without tearing the stem skin) to avoid the build-up of bacteria. Cut one inch of the end of the rose stem in a 45-degree angle (with a sharp knife NOT scissors) to allow water to be better absorbed through the stems.
- After cutting the stem at an angle, quickly place the roses in water since it only takes a minute for the stem to dry and seal up.
- We recommend keeping Samarcanda Garden Roses refrigerated. These flowers are sensitive to ethylene gas emitted by fresh fruits and vegetables, so if you don’t have a floral cooler, and want to store them in a refrigerator, be sure to clean your fridge and remove all fruits and veggies before storing your flowers!
- If your Samarcanda garden roses cannot be refrigerated, keep them in a shaded, cool, relatively humid area (if possible under 45F). Avoid placing roses near heat surfaces or environments. Keep garden roses away from direct sunlight. Roses must be in water at all times until they are ready to be used.
- Some growers do not remove guard (outer, worn) petals developed by roses as a preservation defense during delivery. If you receive roses with guard petals, remove them carefully before using the roses.
- Samarcanda Garden Roses have thick pity stems compared to the fragile ones of greenhouse roses. Cutting the stems under water give garden roses the boost they need to fully mature.
We recommend the following method:
- Set up your buckets or containers first with tepid water and floral preservative. If floral preservative is not available at your local florist or the supermarket, we have also found one or two drops of bleach (no more than that) help extend vase life and keep bacteria levels down. Strip off the bottom half of the rose foliage. Submerge the tip of the rose, stem side down, in a large container or sink filed with lukewarm water. Immediately transfer the cut rose to the waiting bucket or container. As soon as your container is full of processed roses, transfer them to the cooler. Chill down for at least 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- If you prefer to use your roses fully open, you can take them back out of the cooler at this point and let them fully develop. Roses drink a great deal of water, so it's important to check the water level on all your containers, half to three quarters full is best. While Garden Roses can be used in Oasis, they last much longer in vases filled with water. If you must use Oasis, we recommend "springtime". It allows for better water draw than the standard oasis.
- When storing your flowers, make sure that they are not moved from cold to hot or from hot to cold temperatures since drastic temperature changes will burn flowers.