Wholesale Anemones are excellent flowers for arranging wedding centerpieces and bouquets. A popular flower among DIY brides, florists and wedding planners, fresh cut anemones are popular as wedding flowers for wedding bouquets due to their large, gorgeousÂ petals and ravishing centers.
One of the amazing things about the Anemone is that according to the Greek the word Anemone means “daughter of the wind”.Â According to Greek mythology the goddess Venus sprinkled nectar on the blood of her dead lover Adonis thus creating the Anemone plant. The Anemone also indicates fading hope and a feeling of having been forsaken, but not all is sorrow it also means anticipation.There are about 150 different species of Anemones.
The Anemone is not only used for floral decorations but can be used for medicinal purposes.Â This beautiful flowers is used for cramps, menstrual problems and emotional distress. Now there is a species of Anemones that is poisonous to humans, but it has been used in medicine.
Whole Blossoms bulk Anemones flowers come in white, purple blue, pink, burgundy, and red shades. While Anemones are seasonal flowers generally available from late December to late June, we offer these gorgeous wholesale flowers during the off-season months.
All flowers need care and handling, so please make sure to follow these steps:
- Carefully unpack your fresh cut Anemones.Â They will need to be hydrated upon arrival.
- Place your flowers in clean, fresh, warm water (100-110F). Carefully remove leaves, thorns or foliage that fall under the water level (without tearing the stem skin) to avoid the build-up of bacteria. Cut one inch of the end of the flower stem in a 45-degree angle (with a sharp knife NOT scissors) to allow water to be better absorbed through the stems.
- After cutting the stem at an angle, quickly place the flowers in water since it only takes a minute for the stem to dry and seal up. Anemones are heavy drinkers so check their water level frequently when hydrating and arranging.
- Keep flowers in a shaded, cool, relatively humid area (if possible under 45F). Avoid placing flowers near heat surfaces or environments.
- Do not keep your flowers in the refrigerator overnight since many food gases can cause a negative reaction in the flowers.
- Store Anemones vertically in plenty of water with heads bent toward the light. Do not arrange them with Daffodils unless Daffodils have been treated properly. Keep Anemones in a cool location to prolong vase life. Anemones will open in light and heat so be sure to keep plan appropriately for blooming purposes.
Enjoy your flowers and remember that Whole Blossoms offers you the best prices on wholesale Anemones.