- Flower Information
- Flower Care & Handling
- Shipping FAQ
Name: Ranunculus, Ranunculas, Ranuncul, French or Persian Buttercup
Colors: White, red, pink, yellow, chocolate, orange, purple
Vase Life: 10-14 days, depending on care and handling
Availability: Available all year round. Available for delivery from June through January will be smaller than Ranunculus from our regular crop.
Length & Size: Fresh cut Ranunculus range from 10-16 inches in length. Ranunculus harvested during the Spring (March-May) tend to have slightly larger head sizes than at other times of the year. Generally, blooms expand from 1-2.25 inches. Our bulk Ranunculus are packed in 10 stem bunches.
Arranging Tips: Ranunculus are an ideal wedding flower choice for boutonniere, corsages, bride bouquets, cake decor and centerpieces. Wholesale Ranunculus are well combined in centerpieces and bouquets with roses, gerberas, calla lilies and chrysanthemums. Keep Ranunculus away from fruit and vegetables since they are ethylene sensitive.
Carefully unpack your ASSORTED RANUNCULUS COLORS. They will need to be hydrated upon receipt.
- Place your ranuculus flowers in warm, filtered water. Carefully remove wilted leaves that might later fall into the water to avoid the prevent the growth of bacteria. Cut one-half to one inch off the end of the flower stem in a 45-degree angle (with a sharp knife NOT scissors) to allow water to be better absorbed through the stems
- After cutting the stem at an angle, quickly place the flowers in water since it only takes a minute for the stem to dry and seal up.
- Keep your wholesale ranunculus flowers in a shaded, cool, relatively humid area (if possible under 45F). Avoid placing flowers near heat surfaces or warm environments.
- Do not keep your flowers in the refrigerator overnight since fruit and vegetable ethylene gas can wilt or kill flowers.
- When placing your Wholesale Ranunculus order, choose a delivery date 2-3 days prior to your wedding or event. Because Ranunculus Flowers are harvested just prior to delivery, 2-4 days are needed for the blooms to fully open. If your Wedding or Event is on a Saturday, we recommend therefore scheduling your ranunculus flowers for a Wednesday or Thursday delivery.
- All wholesale ranuculus flowers including bulk ranunculus will be delivered via FedEx and will require a signature upon delivery. Tracking numbers will be emailed to you 1-2 days prior to delivery of your flowers.
- Bulk flowers shipped from South America and Europe are refrigerated through cold chain management and carefully transported to ensure freshness. Upon arrival, carefully unpack your flowers and follow the care and handling instructions emailed to you after placing your order. Whole Blossoms stands behind freshness and offers freshness assurance upon delivery of flowers.
- For latest status on your bulk flower order, please go to the Track Your Order section located at the bottom of the menu or contact FedEx directly at 1.800.GO.FEDEX1.800.GO.FEDEX (1.800.463.33391.800.463.3339).