Name: Standard Carnation Flower
Colors: bicolor white red flowers
Vase Life: 10-15 days, depending on care and handling
Availability: Available year round
Length and Packing: Standard Carnations measure 17-21 inches long and come in bunches of 25 stems.
Arranging Tips: Carnation flowers can be used alone or complement a wide range of flower including roses, alstroemeria, lilies, dahlias, and gerberas. When combined, carnations are used in wedding centerpieces, bride's bouquets, and floral arrangements.
Carnations are one of the longest lasting flowers available in the market, surviving up to a month with proper hydration, care, and handling. Carnations are sold in large quantities as wedding flowers. Carnation head sizes vary from standard to fancy to select grades. If you are looking for large headsizes, choose select carnations for your event! Standard sized carnations include average sized heads, while fancy represents the second largest bloom.
Carnations symbolize fascination, love, admiration, and memorability. They make a great flower for any occasion, event, or celebration.
IF MY EVENT IS ON A SATURDAY OR SUNDAY, WHEN SHOULD I ORDER MY FLOWERS?
- When placing your Carnation order, choose a delivery date 3-4 days prior to your wedding or event. If your Wedding or Event is on a Saturday, we recommend therefore scheduling your Carnations flower delivery for a Tuesday or Wednesday delivery. There is a remote possibility that FedEx or Cargo orders may be delivered a day after the delivery date scheduled due to bad weather or delays in international flights so it is not recommended to schedule your flowers delivery date for Friday. It is also important to schedule your Carnations to be delivered 3-4 days before your wedding or event to enable the carnation blooms to fully open.
IF I ORDER MY FLOWERS FOR WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY DELIVERY, WILL THEY BE FRESH FOR MY EVENT?
- Absolutely! Our flowers come directly from the farms and they will be 5-10 days fresher than flowers purchased in local markets or ordered from online importers or wholesalers who store flowers in coolers for 2-5 days before they are shipped to you.
- Your flowers will be delivered via FedEx and will require a signature request upon delivery. Tracking numbers will be emailed to you 1-3 days prior to delivery of your flowers.
- All flowers shipped from South America or Europe are refrigerated through cold chain management and carefully transported to ensure freshness. Upon arrival, carefully unpack your flowers and follow the care and handling instructions emailed to you after placing your order.
- Whole Blossoms delivers flowers every week to event planners, florists and DIY brides so you can enjoy in your wedding or event fresh premium flowers.
- Because Whole Blossoms is able to bypass traditional importers and wholesalers, Whole Blossoms is able to pass savings to you. In addition, our customers benefit from a longer flower vase life since flowers are shipped directly from the farms.
- For latest status on your order, please go to the Track Your Order section located at the top of the menu or contact FedEx directly at 1.800.GO.FEDEX (1.800.463.3339).